Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thirty Weeks

"The comes a moment when you have to stop revving up the car and shove it into gear." David Mahoney

When I saw this quote, I thought it was the perfect quote to use on the first "official" day of training for Ironman Florida. I made a decision last year to follow a 30 week competitive plan in the Be Iron Fit book. Most Ironman plans follow a week schedule that goes Monday - Sunday. Counting back from November 6, the first day of training was scheduled for Monday, April 12. But, since most plans go from Monday-Sunday and since Saturday and Sunday are the big days, Monday is usually a rest day. And so the "official" first day of training should be today.

However, I am still training for the Half Ironman coming up April 25th, so I will not be following the IM program until that is over. After the HIM, I will take rest day (as I'm sure the schedule will dictate) and then I will begin following plan. After building toward an HIM, the plan will probably feel light at first. But it will be nice to give my body a little break before building again. I've got lots of work ahead of me. No reason to burn out.

2 comments:

lisa young said...

You are so awesome. So proud of alolo that you do!!!

lisa young said...

Oops that's suppose to say "all that you do."