Wednesday, October 27, 2010

10 Days

I don't have a quote tonight because, frankly, I'm being lazy and don't want to go downstairs to get my folder that has the quotes in it. I have 10 days until Ironman Florida and I am in taper mode. I still have workouts on the calendar, but they are shorter and the body is saying "take it easy".

I had a swim and a bike on the schedule today, but we also had haircuts, so my time got cut short. I went to do the swim and about 30 minutes in decided I was done. I came home, grabbed something to eat, made myself a cup of hot chocolate and am now relaxing in the recliner. The bike will not get done tonight. I may move it to another day. Or I may not. At this point I'm not going to gain any additional fitness. I can just maintain.

I have short workouts this weekend and will spend my "free" time packing. I will be heading out early next week. I am getting excited and can't wait to be around other triathletes doing the race. We got bib numbers assigned this week, so that made things more real. I am #2484. At least it's fairly easy to remember.

Stay tuned in the coming days for more updates. I will try to do some updating from the road and once I get to Panama City Beach. I'm sure I will have lots of thoughts going through my head.

1 comment:

M said...

GOOD LUCK!
I can't wait to hear all about it!
XXOO! You're awesome!

(P.S. GO GIANTS!)