Sunday, November 27, 2011

Susan G Komen Race For The Cure 5k

Just like every year (except 2010 when it conflicted with Ironman Florida), I signed up to do the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. I wasn't really trained to "race" it this year so I knew I wouldn't get a PR, but I was somewhat surprised at the results.

The race use to be downtown and then moved north for a few years. This year it moved back downtown. In looking at the map, I guessed that the first half would be fairly fast with a slight downhill and then the last half would be slower with a more uphill course. I forgot how hilly downtown is and was wrong. The first half of the course has more uphill than I thought.

It turns out I probably started out too fast for the hills, but I hung in there and got it done.

Mile 1: 8:32
Mile 2: 8:57
Mile 3: 9:08
last .1: 53:65 seconds

My final time was 27:28 for an overall pace of 8:48. I ended up 376 out of 1289 who were chip timed that day, 137/764 females and 13/85 in my age group.

It was a great day and it felt good to be racing again.

No comments: