Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

This has probably been one of the fastest recoveries I've had from a marathon. I'm sure it helped that it was also the slowest marathon I've done, thanks to all the pictures we stopped to take along the way.

The Tuesday I got back from Orlando, I went to yoga and it felt great. Wednesday I did a 2 mile recovery run to see how my legs would respond. They were still a little sore, so Thursday I did a mile on the trainer. Friday I tried running again and made it 3 miles without any pain.

Saturday was a busy day with kid activities, so I decided it would be a day off. Sunday I hit the treadmill for a 5 mile run and then another 5 mile run on Monday. I have a meeting tonight, so I won't get in my yoga or a run. I'll try to run again Wednesday and Thursday.

I'm contemplating doing a local half marathon this weekend. It is supposed to be a very fast course and I still want to do a half marathon under 2 hours. Coming off a marathon, I'm not sure I could do it, but I'm thinking about giving it a shot. Or either running it with a friend of mine who is doing it. She is coming off an injury and would be doing it at a pace slower than my normal pace, so if I did that it would be a training run.

And of course, I'm still thinking about doing the local marathon February 17th. Part of me wants to try to beat last year's time, and part of me wants to opt out and just be a coach on the coarse for TNT that day.

I'm thinking I need to decide fast so I can register before the deadlines and before the races fill up. What to do, what to do.......

No comments: