Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Hill

After an overcast and cool Easter, the weather this week has gotten better each day. Monday afternoon I went for a bike ride. The weather was great, but still windy. Tuesday I had a board meeting which meant I would miss yoga, so when I got home I decided to run - outside. It was about 78 degrees and I knew it would be perfect. And it almost was. But that darn wind just won't die down. And the cough is still hanging around. I wanted to do 5 or 6 miles, but about 2.5 miles in I knew the cough wouldn't go away and I was doing good on pace. I didn't want to blow that nice pace by going longer, so I stopped at 3 miles. Aren't I pathetic? I'll shorten a run to have a good pace. Oh well.

Today turned out beautiful as well. I think it got into the 80s today. So when I headed off for hill repeats tonight, I wore a sleeveless tri top. I knew I'd be sweating at the top of the hill. At least this week two other women showed up, so I wasn't the only one. We did three hill repeats tonight. I know it doesn't sound like much, but believe me, it's a workout. And all three times we did the loop and came down the big hill on the other side. At least this time I didn't see any dogs about to run into the road.

I took some pictures, but they don't do the hill justice. The first one is from the bottom where we start. There is no warm up. And you better have your bike in the easiest gear before starting because you hit the incline quick. The other pictures are as you go up the hill. I took them as I was driving home (you might be able to see the dashboard in some of them). I should sleep well tonight.

No comments: