Friday, February 29, 2008

Busy, Busy, Times!!!

I hate going almost a week without updating, but it's been busy around here.

Sunday afternoon, I took my tri bike out for a 30 mile ride. There was no way I was getting back on my road bike and risking another flat. I looked at the tires and they are definitely in need of replacing. Plus I like my tri bike, so it was fun.

Monday I had a board meeting and my legs were a little sluggish from riding 60 miles over the weekend, so I ran 4 miles and then went to the meeting. The weather was BEAUTIFUL, so I headed outside for my run. Tuesday was yoga. Wednesday was another rushed day and my husband was out of town on business and wouldn't be home until late, so I hit the treadmill for another 4 miles. Thursday the cycle team was having a nutrition clinic with a nutritionist. I was interested to hear what she had to say. I barely had time to get in a 4 mile run and then I was off. Today my daughter has a choir festival at the school. We'll be leaving in just a bit, but I wanted to update.

Tomorrows ride is supposed to be somewhere between 35 and 45 miles. I haven't ridden in the area where we will be riding, so I'm not sure how far I'll be going yet. The good news is that I did get a new road bike this week. I've spent my lunch hour the past two days getting it fit to me, so tomorrow will be the first time I test it out. I already know I need to replace the seat. It was uncomfy during the fitting, so I know the long ride will be hard on it, but I'm anxious to test it out. My husband will inherit the old bike - as soon as we put new tires on it. Tomorrow should be fun.

After the ride, I'm off to watch my son's first soccer game of the season and then tomorrow night is the spring fling at his school. Sunday is busy, too, but somehow I'll get through it all.

No comments: