Sunday, October 5, 2008

Longhorn Half Ironman #2 - DONE!

Today was the Longhorn Half Ironman. 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run. It's done. I'm tired. Official results are not posted yet, but according to my watch (which I forgot to stop right away), I came in just a few minutes under 7 hours. That's 20+ minutes faster than last year. My tri bike rocks. But I hate headwinds, chip seal and hills, and I especially hate when all three are combined! I just got out of the shower after eating Taco Bell (yum!) and drinking a coke (I'll be up all night) and I'm getting ready to go sit in my recliner and watch tv for the rest of the night. I'll post a full race report this week once official results are posted.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I wish I had your stamina...just one tenth of it. I just ate three chili dogs from Wienerschnitzel with a DDP. I will sleep like a baby maybe. Right now they are 5 for $5. I saved two for my DIL.

M said...

OMG! I only ran 13.1 yesterday and I was beat....(but I did dance to Creedence Clearater Revival at the post race concert,) but I never could have combined it with the swim.....maybe the bike ride, which is my real passion....but not all 3 in one day!

Congrats to you on an excellent time and breaking your own record!

Shauna said...

Great work! Can't wait to hear the details!

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is awesome.
You make me feel SOOOO lazy.
You should bottle up your energy and sell it. I would be first in line to buy. ;)

Frasypoo said...

Hi Running Girl
Saw you on Suz' s blog
I am getting ready to do my first half marathon in 2 weeks and a 15 k in 4 and I have a leg injury so have taken a week off from running and praying my leg thro!

Texas Gal said...

Hope recovery is going well! Thanks for the comments in my blog--pics I can't take credit for, took them from another BT'er that was cheering on his wife! :)

Trigirlorlando said...

Great job!! :) Looking forward to your race report!! Thanks for checking out my blog!!! Added you to my interest list!!!