Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 2 - Beach Day

Well, I made it until about 8:30 last night before crawling into bed. Unfortunately, just as I thought, that meant I woke up this morning a little after 2am. I got up, went to the restroom and crawled back into bed hoping for more sleep. I think I tossed and turned for a while but by 5:30 I couldn't take it. I had to get up.

I got dressed and waited untill it started getting light outside and then I headed out for a run. The temperature was definitely cooler than at home, but the humidity was there. I ended up getting in a 5 mile run.

When I cam back up to the room, I stuck my key in the door and got a yellow light. I tried again. Epic fail. My room key had gotten deactivated somehow (probably from being next to my phone in my fuel belt). I knocked on the door until Joel let me in (he had gotten up to do a short run and some weights in the gym and was in the shower when I got back).

One I got in the room, I rinsed off in the shower and then got ready to hit the beach. Knowing that Friday would be a long travel day, I had scheduled today to be a relaxing beach day at the resort. When the kids finally woke up and ate some breakfast we headed down to claim our spot on the beach.

Every time we go to the beach, I have the kids write the name of the place in the sand and get their picture with it. Before the beach got crowded I had them do this and took the obligatory picture.

I also got the obligatory "feet in front of the water" picture. HaHa!

Those of you who know me know that I do not like cold water. I thought the water was really cold, so I was happy to stay on the beach and relax. Dalton, however, stayed in the water or really close to it all day. He even dug himself a "chair" in the sand.

Around lunchtime we headed back up to the room. The kids ate some pizza bites while Joel and I had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Then we headed into town to pick up my rental bike. I'm doing a triathlon tomorrow and did not want to pay to ship my bike over here so I rented a bike. It's a nice enough bike but 1) I haven't ridden a road bike outside in over a year; it's been all about the tri bike; 2) the shifters are different than on my roadie; 3) there is no computer on the bike so I will have no idea how fast or slow I am going; and 4) the seat absolutly sucks; my rear was hurting just riding it in the parking lot to get it sized enough for tomorrow. Good thing the tri is just a sprint.

After returning from the bike shop, everone lathered up again and we headed back down to the beach. Unfortunately, the sun had decided to hide behind some clouds and the afternoon was mostly cloudy and cooler.

By 5:30 we were all ready to head to the room and fix some spaghetti for dinner so I could carb up for the tri. After dinner it was time to relax until bedtime. Tomorrow morning will come very early.

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

fUN fUN! You didn't go in the water? I thought it would be warm. GL with the tri tomorrow. I love the footsies photo!