Monday, September 10, 2007

Honored Hero Run

Saturday morning was the honored hero run for the Fall TNT Team. Meg Brown, the speaker from Thursday night, showed up which was pretty cool. We also had a teammate who brought their personal honored hero and then two others showed up, both kids. The mom of one of the kids is on our team and I think that's pretty cool.

We always start our honored hero runs by doing the first lap or first mile (depending on location) in silence. Saturday we would be going around the track at the school where we meet. Signs had been placed along the way showing pictures of our honored heroes and telling us a little about them. I'm a pretty emotional person so I got a little choked up during that lap. When it was over, it was time to get to business. We ran 6 miles Saturday. And boy was it humid.

Running only 6 miles worked out well for me because we had a choir picnic to attend for my daughter and then we headed out of town to go to my husband's high school class reunion. I don't really know too many people he graduated with, but it was fun to people watch and imagine what my reunion will be like next year.

Sunday was a day of getting back into town and getting things ready for the school/work week. I also finally finished my son's scrapbook of our last year's summer vacation. Whew!

Tonight I hit the treadmill for a 6 mile run. It is just too hot and humid outside for me right now. We are suppose to get a cold front sometime tomorrow and the high is only suppose to be in the upper 80s. Some of you may laugh, but that is going to feel really nice compared to the high 90s we've been having. Bring it on!

2 comments:

M said...

...and my high school reunion is this weekend...#30!

Wow, how cool that a mom of one of the honorees is running! Motivational to say the least :)
Happy training!

Shauna said...

I'm sure the lower temperatures will feel wonderful. I always laughed when the news called those "cold fronts," though, cause growing up in Idaho, a cold front pretty much meant it was going to freeze. Everything else is a "front of low air pressure" that cools things off a little. Whatever you call it, it'll feel great! We've had lower temperatures here lately, too. It's been in the high 40's when I get up to run at 5:15am. I'm gonna have to dig out my running tights any day now.

Your run sounds wonderful. I'm so impressed by all you do, as always. Keep up the good work!