Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Taper Time - I Guess

So it's officially taper time. But it seems strange to me because the schedule I've been following still calls for some decent amount of time on the bike this weekend. Who knows what kind of schedule I'll follow the next couple of weeks.

Monday I took my bike into the shop. I've thought all along my fit was a little off and I've been wanting aerobars, so I thought what the heck. In running, I normally wouldn't do something so drastic so close to race day, but I decided to go for it. And I'm glad I did. When I got home, I took my bike for a spin to see how the aerobars felt during a ride. I only went out for 45 minutes and that includes time stopped at stop signs, so I only went 11.67 miles. But it felt great. I was definitely too stretched out before.

I cut my ride short so I could come home and spend time with the family and when I got home no one was home. They had gone up to the soccer fields to kick the ball around. So I hopped on the treadmill for a 4 mile run. I got done just as they got home.

Today would normally be a yoga day, but I had a board meeting I needed to go to instead. Since I would be missing yoga, I hopped on my bike and managed to squeeze in another short ride of 12.85 miles. Just trying to make sure the fit is ok and I'm comfortable in the aero position.

The rest of the week is packed with activities, so it will be a challenge to squeeze it all in. I'd like to do a decent ride this weekend and another open water swim possibly. We'll see.

No comments: