Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wonderful Weather

Well, the "cold front" came through. Calling it a cold front is somewhat of a laugh (right, Shauna?). Tuesday morning, it was pouring down rain. The rain was so hard that it took me almost 2 hours to get to work (I work 25 miles from home, so on most days it takes me an hour). But by the afternoon, the rain was gone, the sky was overcast and the temps were in the mid 80s with a light breeze. Perfect day for a run, even if today was my scheduled easy day. I got home and took off for an easy 3 mile run - just to enjoy it. It was great. And then I went to yoga. What a great day.

I have to say, I think running is much more of a passion for me than swimming or biking. I like swimming and biking, but I never say to myself "today is a perfect day for a swim/bike". I do say that about running. I love running when it's in the 60s and 70s. And perfect marathon race day weather is in the 40s or 50s. Yes, it's cold at the start, but you warm up quick.

Today was still somewhat cooler. Temps were only in the 80s again, which is really nice after the HOT weather we've had. It's not expected to stay around long, but I'm hoping it will stay in the 80s at least through Saturday for our long run.

It's looking like Wednesdays are my best option for swimming right now, so as soon as everyone was home, I headed for the pool. The water wasn't much cooler than last week, but it was ok. I got my 2,000 meters in and then sat in the jacuzzi for about 5 minutes. That felt good!

We finally got my son's soccer schedule and I'm happy. Most of his games are in the early to late afternoon (1:00 or later), so I will be able to make most of his games and still get my long runs in. Yeah! I was kind of worried about that. His first game is this Saturday at 3:15. I have a 14 miler scheduled with TNT and then I'm hoping to go ride the 56 mile bike course of the Longhorn HIM Tri so I will be familiar with it. Not sure if I can get all that done and get to the game by 3:15, but I'm going to give it my best shot. They will just have to deal with my sweaty self.

No comments: