Wednesday, March 25, 2009

You Know It's Springtime In Texas When......

The weather goes from 80's on Sunday to rain and hail today. This is what my yard looked like about 6pm. That white stuff isn't snow. It's hail!!!

















After a gorgeous day Saturday, we had a repeat on Sunday. We had gone to late church because we had a meeting at noon. I probably should have gone for another long bike ride, but I've got a 10K race coming up so I decided to run instead. I got 5 miles in and then a nap on the hammock. Nice!

Monday was still nice but I was short on time so I only got in a 3 mile run. Tuesday brought rain during the day but by evening it was dry and overcast. I went out for a nice easy spin on the bike. Only got in 13.78 miles before having to get ready for yet another meeting.

And then there was today. The weather forecast indicated it would storm today. All day the weather was just overcast, but no storms. I wondered if the forecast was wrong. Then before I left work I checked to see what the weather was going to be so I'd know what kind of workout I could get in. When I checked, I discovered we were under a Tornado Watch. Now, that happens a lot here so I wasn't too worried, but I decided I'd walk Roscoe as soon as I got home to get that out of the way and then I'd run on the treadmill instead of biking outside like I wanted.

I got home, got Roscoe walked and turned on the tv as I got on the treadmill. Yikes! There was a storm coming. And it was a big one. One with possible rotations (meaning possible tornadoes). The news even cut Oprah off the air so we could be kept up to date. I did manage to get 5 miles in on the treadmill and just in time. I got off and came downstairs to the first sounds of hail hitting our house. It wasn't as big as I've seen, but it was decent size and was making some noise. I'm just glad I didn't go out for that bike ride and get caught in it. That would hurt!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wasn't that crazy? I had just gotten into my car at the AT&T store, and I was sync-ing my new phone to my car when it started. Thank goodness I hadn't taken off yet...so I sat there and waited.

I didn't hear about a tornado watch or I would have freaked out.

Missy said...

For the love of a hail storm! Hope all your cars and your roof is OK. I DO hate the spring storms. Pretty gnarly here too.

Busy Bee Suz said...

At first I thought the white stuff was flowers!!!
I remember those Texas storms..they come from no where.
Good thing you were not on your bike...not sure how much your helmet would have helped you!!!
How are the dogs doing???

Shauna said...

That WOULD have hurt to be caught out in that hail storm! I'm glad you were inside.

M said...

Ohhhh good luck that you decided to do the treadmill...I have been caught in rain and lots of wind but never hail on my bike!

How was your 10K?
I reaaaalllly have to start training for my run!