Monday, August 20, 2007

Crazy Schedules

So Saturday's crazy run turned out ok. I started out with the "Nike" group and ran about 10 minutes and then turned around and headed for the meeting spot with the fall team. After brief introductions, we took off for the 3 mile loop around the lake. When we got back to the parking lot a new couple had just arrived. They were unfamiliar with the trails, so the staff person asked if I would go back out with them. They weren't wearing running clothes, so I asked them if they were walkers or runners. They said walkers. So I gave them about a 15-20 minute head start and then I ran to catch up with them. I got them through the confusing parts of the trail and then sent them on their way. I turned the other way and ran the route backwards to hook back up with the Nike group. For a while, I thought maybe I had missed everyone, but I finally started seeing people. It was kind of cool to be going the opposite way and get to see them. I ran for a while until I determined I could hit my mileage by turning around again and finishing the route as it was intended. I ended up at about 11.5 miles instead of 12, but I figure that was close enough.

Saturday afternoon we headed north a little ways to visit some friends who live on a lake. We spent the day taking boat rides and grilling. We didn't get back until almost 10pm, so Sunday I took a nap after church. Sunday night we went bowling and to play laser tag with the youth group. And once again, I got high score at laser tag, even beating my husband's and son's scores from a different game. My husband just doesn't understand how I always win at any game that involves shooting. I guess I just have good aim.

Today the kids and I had dentist appointments after work (no cavities for anyone). My husband took the kids when they were done because I was going to go swim, but I realized on the drive home that my lock was in my other gym bag. No way was I going to leave my purse and jewelry in the locker without a lock, so I changed plans and headed home. I hopped on the trainer for an hour and then went out for a run. My garmin battery went out on me about half a mile into the run. I ran my route to the hill, ran 4 hill repeats and then did a loop thinking I'd get in about 5 miles. When I charted it on www.mapmyrun.com just now it turned out to be about 4.5 miles.

We have several other appointments this week as this is the last week before school starts. It will be a crazy week.

2 comments:

M said...

LOL I won 2 of 3 games of laser tag when my son's soccer team went! I usually suck at those type of games but I guess lasers hold 'mom power!'- Good job on Saturday's fun...Happy Tuesday!

heartshapedhedges said...

keep up the hard work, you are amazing!! love, The Spragues