Sunday, August 12, 2007

Long Scenic Route

Saturday was our long run with Team in Training. This weekend was a 16 miler. In a hilly part of town. I happened to be the mentor scheduled to sweep this weekend. This meant that I had to be the last person in, even if that meant I had to walk behind our last person. Part of me was glad because I missed last week, but part of me wanted to run the route. I know it sounds crazy, but it's almost easier for me to run hills instead of walking them, so it was challenging at times. But we did it.

My left knee is a little sore today. I don't think it knows what to do when I walk and I didn't really get to stretch because I had to go straight from the run to a recruitment meeting for next season and then go get my daughter and get her to a birthday party. By the time I got my shower, it felt really good.

Since my knee was still a little sore today, I took the day off. I think the muscle is just tight, so my leg doesn't want to straighten out. I rolled on my foam roller last night and I'll do it again tonight, so hopefully I'll be able to run tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it is great that you have a sweeper. I am the slowest in our group, and there is never anyone with me! I would love to have someone with me...I know that your slowest person really appreciates you too.

I really did love that trail race. I want to get out on the trails again really soon!!

Shauna said...

Ooooh. I hope your knee feels better soon. My body doesn't like to walk, either, especially not on a long run. It seems like it's just working too many different muscles than the ones you use running. Good luck with your knee and your runs.