Friday, August 17, 2007

HSM2

Yeah, those of you with kids know what HSM2 is. It's not some new drug or new kind of car, nor is it a new distance for running or some new type of gear for triathlons. HSM2 stands for High School Musical 2. And that is "the" show that tweens around the US have been waiting for. It's been marked on calendars and slumber parties have been planned. It premiered on the Disney Channel tonight at 7:00.

My daughter asked to have a friend over and was panicking when said friend wasn't here at 6:45. She wanted to call to find out where said friend was. And just in time, said friend showed up, popcorn was made, and the kids took over the big screen tv in the gameroom. Being that I had already ridden 1 1/2 hours on the trainer and that the rest of my night was to be devoted to "resting", I decided to join them. And when I say "them", I'm even talking about my soon-to-be-9-year-old son. Yes, even HE was glued to the tv.

I have to say, if my kids are dying to watch a show, I'd much rather it be HSM2 than some other show. It was actually pretty good and had a good story/plot/whatever it's called. Although I'm sure that went right over their heads. I'm sure they will watch it many times again, so maybe it will sink in.

In training news, tropical storm Erin brought us some much UN-needed rain again this week. Being that I had the kick-off meeting for TNT for the fall season, I didn't want to show up looking like a drowned rat (although I will show up all sweaty and smelly - why one and not the other, who knows) so I scrapped Thursday's run. I didn't get home until 9:00 and I just didn't want to get on the treadmill. That's been the theme of the week. Cut workouts short or just skip them. Uggh. So tonight, I made myself get on the trainer (because it's still raining outside) and I rode for 1 1/2 hours. The first time I got on the trainer 30 minutes was hard. It's getting easier which hopefully means my legs are getting stronger and I'll be faster on the road.

Tomorrow morning is going to be interesting. Our Nike team (which I am fundraising and training for) has a 12 mile run scheduled. The fall team (PF Changs, Disney or AT&T) that I am an assistant coach for has their first group run of 3 miles in the morning. Luckily, they both start at the same place and Nike starts at 6:15 while the fall team starts at 7:00. So, I'll show up for the Nike team, run the route for about 15-20 minutes, turn around and be at the start of the fall team run. I'll do the 3 mile run with them, and then I'll go backwards on the Nike group route until I find the team and then finish up with them. Confused yet? I hope it works.

No comments: