Thursday, August 30, 2007

School Is In Session and New Schedules

School started on Tuesday. My son started 4th grade and my daughter started 6th grade. Where we live, 6th grade means Middle School (some call it Junior High). Since she is in middle school now, that means no before school care, no after school care, and no "day care" for school holidays. Yikes! Because of this, my training schedule has had to change a bit. I can no longer go swimming after work and have my husband pick the kids up at day care. I have to go straight from work to her school to pick her up on time. You see, we live too close to the school for bussing, but too far from the school for mommy to feel safe with her walking home.

I was off on Monday and we ran lots of last minute school erands. Once we were home in the evening I was able to get in an hour on the trainer and a 4 mile run on the treadmill. Tuesday yoga was cancelled, so I went to watch my son's soccer practice instead. He is at a new location and I need to know where it is in case my husband has a work meeting or is out of town. It was kind of nice to sit and watch and relax. Since I usually only do yoga on Tuesday I figured a day off was ok. Wednesday evening (after homework was done of course) I hopped on the trainer for an hour and then the treadmill again for a 4 mile run. Tonight I just did a 5 mile run on the treadmill. Are you noticing a trend here? I'm able to get in a ride on the trainer or a run, but where is the swimming? I'm one of those people that once I'm home I don't want to get back in my car and drive somewhere to work out. I'll leave from my house on foot or bike, but it just seems to take so much extra time to drive somewhere, workout and drive home. I've got to figure it out though. I need to be swimming at least once a week if not more. Uggghh!

1 comment:

M said...

Juggling...that's a mom's best trick! When I look back I don't know how I did it all...and stayed relatively sane too!

BTW, 5th grade is middle school where we live! The elementary school's ran out of room.

Good luck squeezing in swimming!