Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Finally An Update

Sorry to go so long between updates. Time flies when you're having fun, right?

So, after the cough came back Wednesday night after the swim I decided to go back to the doctor. I got in to see the doctor, but it wasn't my doctor. And I'm actually ok with that because she didn't just listen to me breath, listen to my symptoms and tell me it was allergies. She listened to what has been going on and checked a few other things. She thinks I may have exercise induced asthma caused by the cold water in the pool when I swim. She put me on Advair to see if that will help. The only problem is I haven't had time to get back to the pool to see if there is a difference. Maybe tomorrow.

Thursday night my daughter had her first volleyball game with the youth group at church. They didn't do so well, but had fun trying. Friday night was my brother's birthday, so we went out to eat with him. Saturday morning I ran 5 miles with my Team in Training group and did some things around the house. We ended up over at my brother's for a while because he is making something for me. By the time he was finished, it was time for dinner, so we went out to eat again and then one of my nieces spent the night with us. Sunday was church and youth group and then a big thunderstorm blew through.

I ended up not being able to swim yesterday because I had to do some things after work and then had a meeting at church, but I was able to get in 4 miles on the treadmill. I'm ready to get back outside for my runs. The only problem now is that it's getting so hot my runs will have to be later in the evening. That will work well on Mondays, but will be harder the rest of the week. Tonight was my favorite night - yoga night. The rest of the week will be a challenge. My daughter has a dentist appointment tomorrow and another volleyball game Thursday night.

The Danskin triathlon is Sunday, so my workouts this week aren't hard ones. I'm aid station for the group run Saturday morning with TNT and then I'll head off to check in for Danskin and leave my bike in transition for Sunday morning. I'll go into more details on that in another post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I hope you have fun in the Danskin! I have a friend who is "encouraging" me to do a sprint triathalon this summer. But I am not a swimmer!!