Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Exhausted - But Not From Training

Sorry I'm just now getting around to updating again. This past weekend my husband was in charge of a 3 day Christian retreat for youth called a Chrysalis. He had left on Thursday to go down for the weekend, so after my 10 mile run Saturday morning, I headed that way to help keep things going on the outside and to help out in the kitchen cooking meals. As soon as I got there, I took a shower and then went straight to work. And I didn't stop working until 1:00 a.m. Sunday morning. Then I was up again at 5:30 to help get breakfast going. We didn't get back home Sunday night until about 8:30. I was in bed at 9:30.

Monday I went swimming as usual, but I could tell I was tired. I swam slower than usual. I debated on whether to try to get my run in or just relax, but I went ahead with my run, too. Six miles with 6 hill repeats thrown in. And this week the heat and humidity didn't get to me. I ran the whole time. I came home, took and shower, ate dinner and was in bed by 9:30 again.

Today is yoga day and I am ready. Especially for the part at the end - the relaxation/meditation time. I may just fall asleep tonight! We'll see how I feel when I get home and I'll decide then whether to do a short run or not. My guess is probably not. I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so sweet! Thanks for your encouragement. I have a ten miler in 2 weeks. You and your hubby sure have been busy- and that does affect training, doesn't it?
I thought of you recently when I was in the pool here and actually tried to swim well. I cannot swim far and I cannot swim fast! But I can swim, at least.

Keep up your great work too!

Dances with Corgis said...

Yay for yoga! I love that end part as well. What kind of class are you taking? Hatha? vinyassa? I find the hatha to be the best suppliment to Ironman training because they are more relaxing.

Sounds like you're getting in some killer milage :)