Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What a Week

After the 12 mile run on the treadmill and the 40 mile bike ride this weekend, I knew I would take Monday easy. Normally I swim and run on Mondays, but I figured I would just swim. I also had a meeting Monday night at 6:00, so I only got in 1,500 meters instead of my normal 2,000. That's ok. I didn't feel bad about that.

Tuesday turned into a yoga only day. No running again. I felt a little bad about not running Tuesday because the main reason I didn't run was I needed to read some more of Harry Potter. Between Harry Potter and the rain, my training is suffering a little. I've got to finish that book before someone spoils it for me, but I fall asleep reading it at 10:00 each night.

Wednesdays are normally a bike ride and track practice. However, today brought a big thunderstorm and track practice was cancelled. Thank goodness I got the trainer last week. I put my bike on it, hopped on, and rode for an hour. Then I changed shoes and hopped on the treadmill for a 4 mile run. And the best thing about it all - I'm done in time to get in at least 2 solid hours of reading Harry Potter before bedtime! I'm a little over halfway through. Reading tonight will get me quite a bit further and hopefully I'll be done Friday or Saturday.

This weekend and next week are going to be tough as well though as I will be out of town for some of the time and there are lots of things on the calendar. I'll do what I can. For now, I'm off to the couch with my book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one super trainer! I'm glad you are taking a breather with Harry Potter.
I think you will be LLS Athlete of the Year if there is such a title. I do the "walks" and raise a bit of funds so maybe someday people won't get blood cancers.
God bless you, you amaze me:)

Dances with Corgis said...

You are so cute with the book :) Let us know when you finish it and how you liked it. People here in NYC were literally lining up down the block at borders to get a copy! Insanity!