Thursday, May 3, 2007

Allergies and Thunderstorms

If there are two things that will hinder my training, it's allergies and thunderstorms. And right now, they are both hitting full force. That cough that I developed Monday after swimming turned into a runny, itchy nose with lots of sneezing. I'm about worn out from sneezing.

I was going to update last night, but we had more severe weather hit the area and were under a tornado watch. I don't like being on anything electrical during severe weather. Today and tomorrow we have sun, but the rain is suppose to return next week. When I look at the 7 day forecast, it looks pretty bleak for getting an outside bike ride.

Despite the allergies, I went to my yoga class on Tuesday night. A friend of mine is a personal trainer and offers a yoga class at our church on Tuesday nights. I've been going ever since she started it several years ago and RARELY ever miss. I love my yoga. I need my yoga. Just ask my family. So, despite the allergies I went. I always feel so much better after going.

And despite the allergies, I ran 5 miles last night (on the treadmill due to the impending storm). I prefer to run outside, but am so glad I have the treadmill as a backup. As usual, during my five miles, my nose stopped running, I could breathe just fine, and I didn't sneeze once. But once I stopped, it all came back. I don't know why that happens with me, but it does.

Today has been a day full of sneezing and a runny nose. We have a church function to attend anyway, so I'm making this a day off. Tomorrow I'll go to field day at my kids' school and if I feel like running or riding my bike in the evening I will. We'll just see what the allergies decide to do.

As far as I'm concerned, they can both go away!

No comments: