Saturday, May 12, 2007

What A Day

Today was supposed to be a day with not much in it. I had my scheduled bike ride this morning, my son had a make-up soccer game, and I had a Team in Training information meeting that I needed to attend. That was it. We'd all be done by about 2:00 and have the rest of the afternoon to relax. HA HA HA HA!!!!

Last night, the phone rang and the next thing we know, my son was invited to be a guest player on his friend's team in a soccer tournament this weekend. The first game would be at 8:00 way down south. My son's makeup game with his team would be at 12:30 way up north. And then another tournament game way down south at 3:00. All of this would be my husband's problem, because I had plans! I had my bike ride to do.

We all got up early this morning. My husband left with the kids about 6:30. I loaded up my bike and headed out to the lake (where the ride was starting) around 7:00.

I forgot to start my watch right as the bike ride started, but it took about 44:25 to go 13.66 miles. The course had a few good hills on it and I need to get back out there and do some more rides.



Here is a picture of me in the parking lot at the lake. The lake is in the background although you really can't see it. I'm glad the picture was taken before the ride, because afterward, I went for a run around the lake. And by then it was hot and humid. It took me 29:36 to go 3.1 miles.


After I ran, I came home to get cleaned up before my 1:00 meeting and grabbed a bite to eat. Quite a few people showed up for the information meeting, including a lady I met during the bike ride this morning. She even signed up for the Nike Women's marathon. Yeah!!! I'm really looking forward to this season.


As the meeting was ending, my husband called and we figured out a plan for me to meet him along the highway so that I could go with them to the 3:00 game. I'm glad I did, because my son had a really good game. His friend came home with us after the game to play for a while.


The good news is that the team made the playoffs. The bad news is that they play at 8:00 in the morning way down south again. If they win in the morning, the championship game is sometime around 11:00. My daughter and I will go to church and my son and my husband will do the soccer thing. If they play in the championship game, we'll try to rush down there after church. So much for getting an early start on the lunch crowd for mother's day lunch! Oh well. That's what happens when your kids play soccer.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Wow, you look so official in your team in training gear! Good job on managing to fit everything in. You are amazing.