Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. Even though my Mother's Day did not turn out exactly how I wanted it to, I was able to be with my family and that is what is most important.

My daughter and I went to church this morning while my husband took my son to the soccer game. And as we got out of church, we got the call that they won the game this morning and would be playing in the championship game at 11:30. So after Sunday school (which because of soccer, I had to teach both Junior high and Senior high - yikes!), my daughter and I left for the game. We took my two neices with us, too. We got to the game just as it was starting. The boys played well, but the other team had more experience. The team my son was on ended up losing, but they came in 2nd in the tournament and got a big trophy for that, so my son was happy.

After the game we came home. My dad picked up my neices and I got ready to head to the lake to meet the ladies from my church who are training for the Danskin. I met them and a few other ladies at the lake at 2:30. Today, the water was perfect. It was very hot outside and the water felt great. I swam for about 20 minutes. I have no idea how far I went in that time. That's the only bad thing about open water swims if the distance isn't marked by buoys. Maybe I should suggest that. Anyway, it was a great swim and everyone is feeling more comfortable in the open water. The ladies from church are going to do just fine.

After the swim, I can home and showered so that we could finally go out to eat for my Mother's Day meal. I was in the mood for Mexican food (one of my favorites) and wanted to go to the little place here in town we normally go to. But when we got there they were closed. I was not happy. When I get my mind set on Mexican food, I need my Mexican food. So we went to a place just north of town instead. It wasn't my first choice, but I now have a belly full of Mexican food and am getting ready to go watch my Survivor finale. That will be the perfect end to the day.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day. Sounds like you were hopping all day long, but with good things.

Unknown said...

Hey! Thank you for commenting on my blog. I enjoy finding other like-minded people out there!

Glad you got your mexican- and now you made me want some!

So, do you do triathalons, too? I cannot do an open water swim, but I would love to do a duathalon. I used to race bikes and so it just seems like it would be fun!!