Monday, May 7, 2007

I Saw The Sun Today

This weekend remained pretty overcast. I wasn't sure we were going to get our open water swim in, but the rain stayed away Sunday morning. I was suppose to meet some ladies at the lake at 2:00, but I went an hour early because I wanted to get in a run. There are two reasons for this. First, I wanted to run the loop around the lake which will also be the run course of the Pflugerville tri. I've run it several times before, but the more I run it, the better. The main reason I wanted to run before the swim was to build up a sweat and get hot. I hate cold water. With a passion. The hotter I am when I have to get in, the better. So, I ran the loop which is a 3.1 mile loop. And I got hot. And sweaty. But it didn't really help.

There were five of us total who were going to do the swim. Once we were all there and the husbands with the kayak were in the lake we were ready to jump in. And the water was FREEZING!!!!! I was so wishing I had worn my wetsuit. What's up with that? It's May in Texas. The lake should be somewhat warm by now. So I just started swimming and kept moving to get warm. We had determined a buoy we would swim to before turning around and heading back, so that's what we did. It was great practice and something we all said we should be doing at least once a week. I just hope the water warms up fast.

We did see the sun today. Finally. Monday is usually my swim day, but we had appointments with the eye doctor today and since I swam yesterday, I decided I would bike today. I have to take advantage of the weather while it's nice. As soon as I got home, I took off for a 12 mile bike ride. It felt good. Things are finally started to fall into place.

This week may be a little off. My son's music program is tomorrow night and my daughter's soccer party is Thursday night. Hopefully I'll find the time to squeeze in some kind of workout.

I added two more races to my agenda today. I'll be doing an 18 mile bike ride this Saturday and a 5k race next Sunday.

No comments: