Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Squeezing It All In

Last night was my son's music program at school. They had a book fair before the program, so we went early for some good books. The program was good. It was a spanish theme and the kids actually sang a song in Spanish. I have no idea what it said, but I did see my son's lips moving. The boys also "danced" a little and then had a sword fight with another boy.

After the program, I put the kids to bed and hit the treadmill. I was hoping to get in more miles than I did, but about 2 miles in, my cough returned with a vengeance. It's hard to run, cough, and stay centered on the treadmill all at the same time. I gave up and set the treadmill at a pace for a fast walk and kept going until I hit 4 miles.

Today after work I went to the gym for my Wednesday swim. I knew I wouldn't get in my normal distance because I needed to leave enough time to pick up the kids, so I only swam 1,500 meters. I was hoping to get in another run on the treadmill tonight, but right now the cough is saying "no". If I'm still coughing tomorrow, I may be going to the doctor to get something to knock it out.

No comments: